The New Zealand Handball Federation is looking to appoint a National Youth Development Manager based in Auckland, initially on a part time basis.
Purpose of the role: To facilitate the establishment and growth of handball in secondary schools throughout New Zealand. This role will work closely with the current regions where Handball is played in New Zealand and to begin with, will focus on growing the sport in Auckland. The role will directly contribute to achieving NZHF’s overall strategic goals of growing to 5000 players in 5 years.
Ideal Candidate: We are seeking someone with enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, Handball. The successful candidate will have experience in developing and managing sports programmes, with particular emphasis on junior sports development. Preferred, but not essential are a Police clearance to enable work with youth in schools and a current First Aid certificate.
The key outputs of the role are as follows:
- Handball development plans for secondary schools, involving recruitment of schools, introducing and socialising Handball into their range of sports offered;
- Development & management of Secondary Schools Handball competitions;
- Development of coaching programmes, to build player competence and develop coaches within schools;
- Relationship building and stakeholder management;
- Facilitate transition of youth players to club play;
- Resourcing of the school programmes;
- Gathering membership statistics and administering the NZHF Membership Database.
Location and hours of work: This is a part time position in Auckland. Hours of work and base of operations to be negotiated with the successful applicant. We anticipate the role will initially run for 6 months from October 2018 until the end of the first school term of 2019, but if funding can be found, the role will be extended.
A full job description is available on request. To register your interest please send your CV and details of your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 September 2018.