We are seeking applications for Managers for National Teams – Men’s and Women’s National Squads
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from people keen to help the development of NZ Handball for the voluntary positions of:
- National Team Manager – Women’s Squad
- National Team manager – Men’s Squad.
Appointment of the both squad managers will be immediate, but the women’s appointment will understudy the current manager until mid-December 2018.
We have an exciting programme of training and competition for all our age group and senior national squads over the next two years, and we are looking for managers to help our National Men’s and Women’s squads prepare for success on the international stage. This role will contribute to the success of the teams, the development of Handball in NZ, and provide the successful candidate with the chance to travel to international tournaments. Further information on the upcoming major events for each squad are set out at the end of this document. The key requirements of the role are:
- Enthusiasm for Handball and a strong voluntary spirit
- Strengths in sports team management/administration.
- Ability to ensure clear and efficient communication to all key personnel.
- Management of team budgets.
- Efficient management of all arrangements, and attendance at, training camps and tournaments both in NZ and overseas.
- Effective team management during Tournaments.
- Efficient management of all kit and resources including liaising with uniform suppliers.
- Able to maintain effective team harmony during camps and competitions.
- Meet NZHF reporting requirements at the end of each tournament.
How to register your interest: A full job description is available on request from the NZHF Secretary-General by emailing email@example.com
Apply in writing outlining your experience and suitability for the role prior to 1 September 2018 to the NZHF, addressed to the Secretary-General: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching any relevant documents.
Further Information on the Upcoming Campaigns:
For both roles:
- Co-ordination of monthly training camps – all age groups.
- Preparation for, and attendance at, the Australian State Championships in October.
For the men:
- Preparation for the NZ Under 18 team which will compete in the next round of the IHF trophy in early 2019 (expected in March at an international venue to be confirmed).
- Planning and co-ordinating the next two year’s campaign which will culminate in the Asian Championships in 2020 .
For the Women:
- The Asian Women’s Championships in Japan in mid-December (which marks the end of the women’s current two-year campaign) (being undertaken by the current manager)
The two years ahead for the women will involve:
- Expansion of monthly training camps, to include focus on the Junior and Youth women in preparation for the IHF Trophy tournament (expected in mid-2019)
- If qualified, their next IHF Trophy stage in early 2020;
- Preparation for, and attendance at, the Australian State Championships (or alternative) in 2019.
- Planning and co-ordinating the next two year’s senior women’s campaign which will culminate in the Asian Championships in 2020/21.